(Link will go live on 03/18/21)
In this "Wind Down" session, food and lifestyle content creator, Geo Banks-Weston of Geo's Table will offer some quick cocktail making basics while highlighting some of his favorite women mixologists for Women's History Month.
Geo is a Philadelphia-based food and lifestyle blogger covering everything from cuisine and cocktails to interior design. He is also is the creator and host of Table 86, a podcast centered on black and other underrepresented creatives of color in the food.
What are we making tonight?
- 2 parts gin
- 1 part Berry Basil Simple Syrup
- Fresh lime
Blackberry Lavender Bourbon Lemonade
- Place gin and simple syrup in glass mixing pitcher.
- Add crushed ice to the pitcher and stir briskly with a cocktail spoon for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a Coupe glass and finish with the juice of a lime wedge.
- Garnish with a lime peel and/or a few basil leaves.
- Fresh blackberries (optional)
- 1 part Blackberry Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 part fresh lemon juice
- 1 part bourbon
- Fresh lavender and blackberries for garnish
- (Optional) Muddle a few blackberries (or other fruit of your choice and add to mixture)
- Add simple syrup, lemon juice, and bourbon to a large Mason jar
- Add crushed ice, and place a lid on the Mason jar. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Serve over ice in a glass with blackberries as garnish