How immersive learning then active building can propel your STEM startup
Connect with Heath Naquin, Vice President of Government and Capital Engagement and Troy Wilford, Director of Commercialization Solutions at the Science Center about the new STEM Founders Fellowship designed to immerse fellows in venture capital and then accelerate their startup.
Learn the why behind the fellowship design and how you can apply (deadline on Friday).
A 12-month experiential program for first generation graduate students and doctoral candidates designed to give academic researchers hands-on startup experience and support to transform concepts into a business reality.
The Fellowship includes in-person lectures, online workshops, and facilitated meetings with startups that will be delivered over 12 months in two phases: Immersive Learning and Active Building.
Fellows will receive a $50,000 12-month stipend.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: AUGUST 12TH
In order to be considered, applicants must have:
- Pursuing an advanced degree in a STEM field from an academic institution in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware
- The ability to commit 20 hours per week to the Fellowship
- Be within a reasonably commutable distance to the Science Center
- An entrepreneurial concept related to life sciences and healthcare
- Startup proposal must demonstrate a clear market need with clear explanation on how the startup will be feasible, impactful, and scalable